Friday, May 18, 2018

Flashback Friday

Hey, bookworms! Welcome to my first Flashback Friday. In these, I will write about a certain book that I read too early for my blog, and I will describe my opinions of it and specific moments that were important for me.

This month, I chose Hunted by Meagan Spooner.
The writing is so beautiful and profound, and I love that it's a retelling of Beauty and the Beast but that it is a lot different than the original. The mythology is super interesting, and I love the family aspect. Plus, our main character is amazing!

      "We are uncertain how many years it has been, or how many centuries. To half of us the passage of time is tiny and measured, and with no measuring devices it is impossible to track. To the other it is infinite, immeasurable, a stream in which all things drown in the end. We are at odds because of this and so many things, and when the sun fades and the dark returns we mark it only as a change in the light.
        The storm that comes tonight is not the change we felt coming. But in the howl of the night wind and the blinding violet of the snow, there is nothing else to be sensed. And so we retreat, to pace inside our den, to remember sleep, to wait for another change in the light."

I actually took a picture of this as I was reading because I was almost in tears. The writing is just so beautiful.

Thanks, guys, and au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your thoughts!