Thursday, June 7, 2018

Bookish News Report

Hello, bookworms! Welcome to your Bookish News Report! I'm your host, Ashton, and I'll be outlining the bookish news and current events arriving to bookstores near you. Haha, bear with me. I'm trying to be entertaining.



My Most Anticipated



A Reaper at the Gates 

I love this series so much!!!! It is so action-packed and freaking awesome! Oh, and the world is probably the worst I've ever read so 🤣🤷. I definitely can't wait for this sequel.

Release Date: June 12, 2018




Bring Me Their Hearts

So... the main character is the soldier of a witch enslaved to kill people and sent to assassinate an handsome prince who she falls in love with. Why wouldn't I want to read this??? Well, the prince is "darkly handsome," so that could easily be a tropey turn-off, buuut I'm willing to give it a try because the MC seems to be pretty dark too. And the cover is pretty 😍!!!

Release Date: June 5th, 2018



The Bird and the Blade

This sounds so intense!!! And so different from other YA novels out there. The girl might not get the guy, for one, and that is super crazy 🤣. But for real, this sounds really good!

Release Date: June 5th, 2018





A Thousand Beginnings and Endings

So many good authors! So many stories! UUGGGHHH I personally love mythology, but short-stories aren't really my go-to, so it's saying something when I say I'm REALLY interested in reading these stories. And I really like the look of the cover!

Release Date: June 26th, 2018




Sweet Black Waves

OMGOODNESS *raises hands in praise and shrieks in excitement* AAHHHH This is pretty much anything I want in a book and I want it now! 😭

Release Date: June 5th, 2018




Not the Girls You're Looking For

I'm trying to broaden my horizons because I know I'd love YA contemporary romance novels if I would actually pick them up... and this seems like a good place to start (along with everything Kasie West, of course). From the reviews I read, this is a definite try, with girls with something to teach and realistic life lessons.

Release Date: June 19th, 2018


Save the Date

Like the book above, I'm trying to branch out with this one. I actually have read Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson, as well, and I really it. Just another reason to branch out a little, I guess 🤣.


Release Date: June 5th, 2018





Your Anticipated Reads


I, obviously, am behind as heck on the best reads of the last few years... and now it's showing. There are many books coming out this month that you guys love, but I haven't read their predecessors. So, here they are!


My Plain Jane

This is the second book in the The Lady Janies series. I'm really excited to read My Lady Jane, and the authors are great! I just... haven't gotten to it yet 😬.

Release Date: June 26th, 2018





Smoke in the Sun

I am really far behind when it comes to Renee Ahdieh. I've read Wrath and the Dawn, and I feel like I didn't enjoy it that much, tbh 😬. But I remember that I loved the writing style, and I want to try Flame in the Mist at the very least. Anyway, this is the second book in the Flame in the Mist duology.

Release Date: June 5th, 2018


Eden Conquered

This is the second and last book of the Dividing Eden duology. I have been meaning to pick this up because it sounds good! Plus, I've read Joelle Charbonneau's Testing series, and I really enjoyed it.

Release Date: June 5th, 2018



City of Bastards

This is the second book in the Royal Bastards trilogy. This is yet another series I really want to read and know I would love if I could just PICK IT UP. Sorry, but for real, I need to get my reading life together.

Release Date: June 5th, 2018



Dawn of Legends

This is the fourth book of the Blood of Gods and Royals series. I've heard mixed things about this series. Do you guys think it's YA or NA?

Release Date: June 26th, 2018





Whisper of the Tide

This is the second book of the Song of the Current series. I feel like ocean books had like a quick phase close to the time the first book of the series came out (or is that just me?), so I've shied away from it for some reason 🤷. But I do wanna read it and Roar by Cora Carmack soon.

Release Date: June 5th, 2018



The Emerald Sea

This is the third novel in the The Glittering Court trilogy. I read the first one, The Glittering Court, and enjoyed it buuut... didn't feel the need to read the other ones 😬. It's not like I didn't enjoy the world or the characters (since the last two are about different characters), because actually the other friends might be more interesting than the first girl. I just have a weird thing about companion novels and novellas. I know, I don't understand it either.

Release Date: June 26th, 2018



Adaptations








Hulu has picked up Looking for Alaska for a new, eight-episode TV series!










Netfix has turned The Kissing Booth into a movie!

I have not read the book, but I did enjoy the movie (I know, I watched the movie before I read the book, let me just go hide in my shame now) and highly recommend it 😊.







Columbia Pictures has bought the rights to The Hazel Wood for a movie!











Netflix has bought the rights for The Wicked Deep, either TV series or movie!





Thanks for reading and supporting, booknerds, and au revoir!

Oh, and feel free to comment! I love hearing your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your thoughts!