Monday, April 30, 2018

Monthly Wrap-Up: April, 2018

WOW what an eventful month! Fitting, for this will be my first ever Monthly Wrap-Up! YAY

I'm excited to announce that this month, I started a bookstagram! My username is ashton_reads , so go check it out! It's definitely a work-in-progress, but it will reach more people about my blog. For more information, see my Contacts page.

I also posted my first Book Tag, which you can find here. I will post others every fourth Saturday.

Now, for the most important part...

The Books!


 Suitors and Sabotage

 This is really an adorable novel full of sweet romance as well as some light mystery and mind-twisting conspiracies. It has more depth than I would have thought at first, which is definitely a plus, but the romance is just really sweet.

Twice Dead

Another impressive book! I loved the unique concept of necromancy. The story goes pretty deep into the plot and the world, but because of the cool idea, I yearned for more. Other than that, though, I wouldn't change a thing. There's romance in this book, too, and it's great as well.

Firewalker

Well... I'm sure you've noticed that this book does not have a review on my blog. Firewalker is a great book, but about 35% into it, I suddenly lost interest. It wasn't because of the book but because of me; I'm a mood reader, and I was just suddenly not in the mood. That was when I took a pause and started...

Rebel of the Sands

Easily the best book I've read this year. It's so frickin good!!! Amani is so fierce and strong in so many ways, the romance is absolutely AMAZING, and the plot is so expertly action-packed. I couldn't get enough and can't possible recommend this more.

So I'm currently at a standstill. I feel like I need to go back to Firewalker and finish it because I'll forget about it if I don't. Then again, I'm not in the mood to read it now, and I don't want to force myself to read it; that will only cause me to hate the book. UUUGGHH why does this have to be so hard?! Well, your opinions are GREATLY appreciated, so any recommendations for how to solve this?

Thanks, guys, and au revoir!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your thoughts!