Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Monthly Wrap-Up: May, 2018

Hello again, my fellow bookworms! Today's the day for this month's Wrap-Up!



First things first,
The Books!



*I just realized that 3/4 of the books I read or started reading this month are the same color🤣.

Spindle Fire

I enjoyed this fairy-tale retelling quite a bit, the highlights being the characters and the cool twists on the original Sleeping Beauty story. The only thing that bothered me a little was the romance, and I honestly couldn't tell you why, and I have a feeling it will be better in the second book.

Before She Ignites

I kinda thought I would enjoy this book (because dragons, duh), and guess what? I did enjoy it! 🤣 But for real, I liked the tension and the constant heart-stopping fear I had for the characters, and probably my favorite part was seeing the flawed characters grow and discover their strengths in all the horrific crap that happens to them.

Ruthless Magic

This book has no flaws. Seriously, go read my review because I had to search long and hard to find something to criticize. It just has this classic YA feel, but no so much that it is just repetitive of older YA novels and predictable to read. It's not really a book for character development, per se (thought there is some); it's more for the action fans who love to be on the edge of their seat.

War Storm

I just started this one, and as of today, I'm on page 106. It's going really slow, tbh, and there's just a lot of politics, traveling, and angst 🤣. I don't mind too much because I do love the tension and learning more about the behind-the-scenes revolution stuff, but I'm ready for some blood and gore 🤣. Oh, and I'm pretty sure I'm the only reader in the world who kinda agrees more with Cal and Julian in this whole situation 🤣. I mean, Cal really does think he's doing the right thing, and it's almost petty for Mare to think she has the right to dictate what he does or doesn't do for the sake of his country and, dare I say it, the Reds in said country. With that being said, I'm not sure I think monarchy is the best government, anyway, but I do think that Cal could change his country for the better by being on the throne. And I respect Mare's decision to not be queen... but I don't think she should be so harsh on Cal.

Whoooh sorry, I just had to get that off my chest 🤣. I've just had a lot of time to think about that.

So this next section is new - I was brainstorming new ideas for my Wrap-Ups, so here goes.

Appreciation!

My most viewed posts this month were my Spindle Fire review and my Bookish News Report for this month.

I now have 100 followers on my bookstagram!! I know that doesn't seem like a lot, but it's a pretty huge milestone for me as a beginning blogger and bookstagrammer 🤣, so thank you guys so much!

A few people who welcomed me into the bookstagram community: @shookedbybooks, @munchdotreviews, and @not_yourplace ! There are more who have supported me (100 to be exact 😉), but I want to give a shout-out to you three as a token of my appreciation.

If you have any new ideas you want me to try out, just comment and let me know! Thanks, guys, and au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your thoughts!